Its so exciting to Buy a New Home! Its so sad to get to the new home, and find it dirty!
Unfortunately, many people do not clean their “former homes” once they move out. This can be shocking and disappointing for the the “New Home Owner” who has bought the home.
The “New Home Owner” remembers the beautiful photos on Zillow. He or she remembers how nice the home smelled when they viewed it the for the first time…
But now? Now that the mortgage has closed. Now that the keys have exchanged hands. What does the home look like?
- The Oven is full of grease
- The Bathtub is full of soap scum
- The Cabinets have lots of dust and grime
- You get the picture
Hire a Cleaning Company to do a “Move In Clean” to make sure this does not happen to you.
Our company, TurnClean Services, does hundreds of “Move-In Cleans” every year. Guess what? If you are buying a new home in Metro Atlanta, you should ask us to clean your home! 🙂
What is the “Move In Cleaning Checklist?”
Clean and Detail Interior and Exterior
- De-grease interior
- Wipe Down top and front of exterior
- Empty and discard items in dishwasher
- Spot Wipe any troubled Areas, especially rim of the door
- Spray Cleaner inside, and let it cycle through a wash
- Wipe down exterior front, and any exposed areas
Clean Interior and Exterior
Cabinets and Drawers
- Clean out and trash items that have been left in cabinets
- Vacuum or Wipe out any dirt/hair/flour etc. in cabinets / drawers
- Wipe clean any greasy spots
Wipe All Counter Tops
- Wipe out all soap scum, dirt, hair, etc.
- Wipe the faucet so it shines
Wipe All Counter Tops
Cabinet / Vanity Cleaning
- Throw all trash away
- Clean Dirt / hair out…..
- Clean inside of Cabinets and Drawers
Shower / Bathtub Cleaning
- Clean Shower and Tub, clean out soap scum
- If there is a glass door, make the door shine!
- Make sure the shower faucets are clean.
- Clean Inside the Toilet
- Clean Base of Toilet
- Clean the floor behind the toilet
Dusting / Cob Webbing / Smudging
- Intake Vents
- Ceiling Fans
- Window Sills
- Base Boards – Dust obvious spots
- Spider Webs
- Sweep Ashes out of Fire Place
- Doors Dust and Wipe Obvious Smudges
- Wipe Smudges on Light Switches.
- Vacuum Carpet
- Sweep or Mop All Hard Surfaces
- Mop all Hard Surfaces